Sunday, November 24, 2013

RED SOX : News & Notes November 24,2013.

RED SOX : News & Notes
November 24,2013.




~ All fans to be screened in 2014 : MLB security director John Skinner said Friday that all 30 teams are expected to screen all fans entering their ballparks next season. The methods will be left up to each team but the commissioners office has recommended walk-through metal detectors. Skinner said a presentation would be made to the teams by MLB at the upcoming winter meetings.

~ Houston owner sues Comcast & NBC : Houston Astros owner Jim Crane has sued former Astros owner Drayton McLane Jr. as well as Comcast and NBC Universal for fraud,misrepresentation and conspiracy. The suit also accuses the former Astros' owner of breach of contract. The dispute is over Comcast's subscription fees to the cable providers which results that only 40% of the cities households are able to obtain Comcast and see the Astros' games. Crane claims that McLane misrepresented the subscription fees the providers would pay to Comcast.

~ Napoli on Red Sox return "...why not." :   Mike Napoli spoke to WEEI's Rob Bradford yesterday while autographing t-shirts at a downtown Boston retailer. "I know what to expect this year. I'm just going to let the process happen. I told Brian Grieper I don't want to do the whole flying around here and there,meeting people. I'm just being patient,seeing my options. I do want to play here. You just have to go through that whole process and see what's going to go on." So will Mike be back with the Red Sox ? ~ "I wouldn't see why not. I've got a great relationship with Ben Cherington and this whole organization. Hopefully it will come down to something where I come back here". 

No comments:

Post a Comment