Saturday, December 14, 2013

RED SOX : News & Notes December 15,2013.

RED SOX : News & Notes
December 15,2013.





~ A-Rod confident: Alex Rodriguez appeared at the David Ortiz Golf Classic yesterday. He is confident a decision will come soon in his appeal of his suspension, "I'm optimistic, hopefully. It's been a very tough several months. Very tough year. I'm optimistic that ( a decision ) will come soon. We can get it behind us and take all the stuff off the back pages and focus on playing baseball and all the great things that are happening with the game. Make a decision, whatever happens, let's move forward".

~ Iglesias update: Jose Iglesias said he watched every game of the World Series rooting for the Red Sox. Iglesias said he was shocked by the trade when it happened but he got use to it once he got to know his new teammates in Motown. "This was my first organization. I've got a great memory of the organization that built the player that I am and the player that I will be. Later on, when my son says, 'What team did you used to play for, daddy ?' I'll say, 'I played for the Red Sox. Hey, look, I got a ring from the Red Sox.' I feel a big part of that win, as well, because I helped the team a lot".

~ Red Sox ink Snyder: The Red Sox have signed infielder Brandon Snyder to a minor league contract with a invitation to spring training. Snyder played 27 games for the Red Sox last season, hitting .180. Snyder has played in a total of 83 games in the major leagues.

JACOBY A YANKEE
~ Ellsbury officially a Yankee: Jacoby Ellsbury was officially introduced as a New York Yankee on Friday. "I'm proud to be a New York Yankee," he said, "From the get go, the Yankees showed a great interest and showed that they really wanted me. I always enjoyed playing here, I love the tradition, the fans, it will be nice having them on my side now, but it's just a great place to be, I'm honored to be here, and I'm excited".


JOHN ELY
~ John Ely gets chance with Red Sox: John Ely with get a chance with the Red Sox. Friday, Boston signed him to a minor league contract with a invitation to spring training. Ely missed the entire 2013 season rehabbing from Tommy John surgery. He was given his release by the Houston Astros in November.





No comments:

Post a Comment